Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Christmas Card Challenge Card



We had another night of thunderstorms and another abrupt change of temperatures here in Ontario. Yesterday it was close to 100ºF with the Humidex but last night we had several thunderstorms roll through – for about two hours – and this morning, brrrrr, everyone was wearing sweatshirts or jackets. Oddest weather I can ever remember. This has definitely been the year of the thunderstorms!

Seeing as the weather turned cool today I thought I would make a card for the www.christmascardchallenges.blogspot.ca challenge. I love having all my Christmas cards completed by late fall which means I don’t have to do Christmas cards and nothing but Christmas cards then. I actually made a Christmas card for the Stamping Bella challenge due on Friday and I could have posted it on more sites but I'm a little behind on my Christmas cards this year so I made two today.


This is another Magnolia image. All the paper is from the “never-going-down” stash. All dies were various Spellbinder dies. The sentiment is from Hot Off the Press. This image was coloured with the Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. I’ve been playing around with my new alcohol markers but quite honestly, I could do without them. I’m glad they were all on sale. I’ll use them but once they dry up I don’t think I’ll bother replacing them. The candy stripe was on a sheet of mixed designs in a Christmas pack from Studio G and I thought they looked nice there. They and the sentiment label are on dimensional glue dots.

Wow, this was a short post, especially from someone who usually has lots to say! I pretty much spent the day in the lower studio (aka the basement) making cards today so not much to talk about.

I was asked to be on the committee that is organizing a first (and likely last) family reunion. Groan! Has anyone done this before? Any tips or suggestions….besides backing out of it!!!

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. I think it really depends on the interest level of the participants. Take my family for example : Only a few people really wanted one and no one wanted to help so it quickly fell thru never to be revisited.
    My hubby's family on the other hand had one for years and years. Then some people felt that they were doing all the work while everyone else had fun. And no one else would pitch in. It wasn't long before it fell apart. So if i had any tips it would be to get LOTS of people involved. Rotate duties so noone feels overburdened. Oh! And have FUN! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...