Friday, August 1, 2014

If you close your eyes while eating.......



.....the calories never count! That's the sentiment on this card.
  
Today’s card is for the Stamping Bella challenge. This week it was a sketch and here’s my card.


 After I stamped the image I cut around the ice cream that would not fit into the circle, popped that portion on top of the die and ran it through the Big Shot. Works like a charm! I just went through my stash and found some purple that I liked and put it together. I know most card makers say they pick the paper first, and then colour the image to match but I usually don’t do that. I like to colour upstairs watching my Toronto Blue Jays on television so I just colour first, find paper later, which is usually okay seeing as I have a huge stash of paper. After the card was done I sponged blue chalk around the edge of the circle with the die back in, and then a little yellow around the image it self. This really made her pop. For the final touch I ran the Versa Mark pen over the dress and added the mica powder from the dollar store eye shadow which gives me the same glimmer look as   the Wink of Stella pen - which I don’t have. Then I added Glossy Accents over the ice cream to make them look wet. The sentiment came with the stamp set so I stamped it, cut it into a banner and inked the edges.

 Well we finally got the grass cut and lawn work done….today! Yesterday was such a nice day we decided to let the grass grow a bit longer and took off to Rondeau Provincial Park for a 30km bike ride. But now the grass is cut, the flowers deadheaded and watered and all is right in the garden. Oh, and once again we are under a severe thunderstorm watch! Nothing new about that this year as we’ve had more thunderstorms than ever before. This is a long weekend in Ontario. Monday has been named “Civic Day” for lack of a better name than “Just an excuse to have another day off in the summer Day” which was a little long, but that’s pretty much what Civic Day is. 

That’s all for Friday. If you have Monday off, lucky you and hope you have a wonderful long weekend. If you don’t, sorry and I hope you have a nice two day weekend.

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Hubby has overtime tomorrow so a one day weekend...uugh... BUT i'm going to tag along so that makes it all better. :) I so so wish hubby would ride bikes with me...Does your hubby enjoy it? Hubby doesn't get any joy out of the wind in his face etc... i just don't know...... plus it hurts his back and his knees..and... and... sigh.... I envy you!

    We are hot hot hot!! 100+ Next week is cooler...98 sigh.

    Love this card Violet. The icecream is so vibrant! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...