Thursday, October 30, 2014

Last Nice Day...Last Halloween Card



It was yet again a beautiful fall day here in Ontario. Alas, it all ends tonight as they are predicting rain starting during the night and ALL DAY TOMORROW which means we will have a WET COLD HALLOWEEN which means I will have LOADS OF CHOCOLATE BARS left over which is not a good thing because I DON’T LIKE CHOCOLATE very much. Joe doesn’t mind that they will be left over because he feels the exact opposite of me when it comes to chocolate or anything sweet.

We had a lovely walk downtown this morning and as we were walking around the mall – small mall, doesn’t take long – he surprised me by saying he was taking me out to lunch at the Chinese restaurant across from the mall. This is a tiny restaurant with only about 8 or 10 tables but the food is excellent and plenty of it! After we walked home I decided I needed to go back to Michaels. They had an OTT light that was originally $99.99 on sale for $34.00. I saw it there yesterday and I meant to go back to get it after I picked up the other stuff I wanted (which they didn’t have so didn’t buy much) and forgot. So, we drove up to Michaels and got one. I think it will be fine and I love the OTT lights for reading. When we got home and had a coffee I hit the sewing room and finished all the blocks for my son-in-laws quilt….70 blocks! Sure hope he likes it.

So, this is the last Halloween card for the year. Finn is four and he was thrilled to have mail addressed to him and he loved his card.



This stamp is one of those small ones from Paper Wishes that I got after Halloween last year and never used. I only order from them about once a year and only things I cannot buy locally…because of the darn old shipping rates to Canada. I coloured this one with my alcohol markers and cut it out. As I was flipping through the stash I came across the dark green square obviously cut out for another project and never used. Seeing as I had no clue of what I was going to make I grabbed it; added the light green paper behind it and then glued the monster on. Yay, it fit. The background paper was also from the stash and I added the purple strip just to add some colour. The little sentiment came with the monster stamp. It’s stamped on the smallest die in a Spellbinder set. So, that’s it for Halloween cards; next comes Christmas cards.

That’s all for a Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...