Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Cold Artic Air and a Card



We are under a severe cold alert here in Ontario. Tonight it will feel like -20C (4F) and just about that cold tomorrow morning. Please hurry and get here spring!!!! The winter storm that hit the east coast missed us by about 100miles as it went through Ohio but we were spared the snow….too bad we were left with the cold artic air though. Brrrrrr.

Not much news around here as we haven’t been out of the house. Had a lovely lunch and visit with my sister today though so that was nice. She loves my soups so I made macaroni-tomato soup today. She knows I refuse to eat canned soup so it’s always freshly made at my house. I did not get the quilt top finished at the church yesterday but I had pins in it so I brought it home and finished it this afternoon. Felt good to get that one done. I wanted to go down to the lower studio and make some cards tonight but it is way too cold down there.Good job I have lots of hobbies to keep me busy.

Today’s card is another one made with an alcohol background.



First I used some purple, red, blue and silver alcohol inks and pounced them around a piece of glossy cardstock, added blending solution to the pad (which is just alcohol so I’ll never buy another bottle of it) and pounced again to lighten it here and there. Then I used this Hero Arts stamp and stamped the image using archival ink. To pick up the pink colour I mounted the piece on a piece of pink cardstock – the bit sticking out was removed after I took the photo!!!! (why is it I never notice these things until I see the photo on the computer???) Okay, what next. Mhhh. The pink was okay so I found a piece of striped paper – Studio G pack from Michaels - but what to put between them. I went back to the stash and found that dark dusty pink and it just set off yet balanced the hot pink perfectly so I glued it on and then cut off the bits hanging over the edges. The sentiment was computer generated and then I die cut it with a Spellbinder die. Then I traced around the outside of the die onto the same pink cardstock and cut around it. The next size die in the set was too big so this was the only alternative.

And that’s it for a cold Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...