Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Cruel Mother Nature


Mother Nature is cruel or is going through some very serious personal issues and taking it out on us…. because this is what we woke up today........





 
Yes, Snow! Lots of it….well at least an inch or two! See the clumps on the clothesline – that means it was also freezing rain before the snow came. Just yesterday Joe said, “Finally! All the snow is melted even where it was piled up from the driveway!” Now its back! Its 2:30 in the afternoon and I just came back from visiting and dropping off the cards for the residents at the nursing home and the snow is still on the lawns so it’s not melting as fast as I would.
 
Okay, enough complaining about the weather. Here are the next two Easter cards I made with one of my new Penny Black stamps.
 

 The top card was first inked with Versamark ink  and stamped on plain white cardstock and then I ran chalk over the image and the chalk stuck to the Versamark ink. It’s a very soft look for sure. Then I splattered it with drops of red and green ink. That’s some very shiny silk thread wrapped around it. I found it in my drawer from when I used to make string art cards and thought it would work nicely on this card too. You may be seeing more of that kind of thread now that I've rediscovered it.
 
The bottom card was inked up with Tombow markers, misted and stamped on plain white cardstock. The birds are very vivid doing it this way. It would have blended better if I had stamped it on hot press water colour paper but I didn’t have any….but its okay. The recipient loved it so that’s what counts.  More splatters of ink and wrapping of the silk thread and it was done.

I’ve had fun playing with my new stamps although there were some failures for sure….but that’s all part of the learning curve. I have one more new stamp to showcase tomorrow.

That’s all for a snowy Tuesday

 
Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...