Friday, May 29, 2015

A Sweet Birthday Card



I had such a busy day today that I almost forgot to post a card. It was just one of those days – a little housework (hubby does most of it); a visit with a friend who had more rhubarb for us; cooking and freezing some of the said rhubarb; a little more housework; made and ate supper; did some beading and then relaxed reading for awhile. It’s amazing how busy I can be and still feel like I didn’t do much.

Last week I came across some bits of paper and decided to use them up. Here’s one of the cards I made with them.


First I looked through my stash of coloured images that hadn’t made it into a card yet and found this sweet little girl that was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol that matched the paper very nicely. The image was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and then a larger die in the same set was used for the pink behind it (also from the stash). The paper I had found was that wavy striped one and it was already cut in a triangle (I think this was in a mystery bag of paper I picked up at the thrift store because I know I didn’t cut it that way). Anyway, it had the pink, yellow, lilac and green in it so it matched my image perfectly. I found a piece of pinkish lilac and used it for the opposite corner with the bright yellow in between. Silver peel-off lines were added at the seams. The flowers were paper flowers from the dollar store and they were first spritzed with my home-made glimmer mist which changes the sight and feel of them altogether. The leaves were once just like the flower but I cut them into pieces and used them that way. Gems were glued to the centre of the flowers and the card was done. Felt good to use left over paper!

That’s all for a Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. We are expecting a cold and rainy one but that’s okay – just remember – every day this side of the dirt is a good one!
Cheers
Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...