Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Garden is Planted and Another Experiment



Yes, the flowers are planted – except I may have to buy a few more to fill in some empty spots. I just got them planted and got the Miracle Gro hooked up when I heard thunder. I checked out the clouds and headed for the house. We just sat and enjoyed a coffee and snack while it rained. And, wow, did it rain but as usual with a thunderstorm it was short lived and I was able to get back out and spray on the Miracle Gro. Love my garden in the summer.

Today’s card is another experiment that is “okay” but not great. I think I can do better but I’ll share the okay one anyway.



I took a piece of white cardstock and cut it down to the size of the card base. Then the apple blossom stamp (HOTP – another $1.29 stamp set from Paper Wishes) was inked with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink and stamped around the perimeter. The set comes with a full branch, a partial branch and a single flower so all three were stamped. Then I rubbed the Spiced Marmalade pad over a piece of plastic and spritzed it with water. Using a fine paint brush, some of the flowers were filled in plus a wash was applied around the edge. The sentiment was also stamped with the same ink. The butterfly is a Memory Box die and I just happened to have a piece of cardstock that was the same colour as the ink so that worked out well. So, like I said, its okay but I think I can do better so stayed tuned for an update.

That’s all for a lovely Wednesday evening,
Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. As with all new things it takes some time to perfect. But i love this first attempt Violet. And i'm so glad you shared it. I think it helps others who might be a little hesitant give it a try...Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...