Friday, October 2, 2015

They Even Love the Box


Grrrrr. This has been a frustrating day. It actually started last night because I didn’t sleep well so I woke up tired. The cold wind was blowing fast and furious this morning so that didn’t impress me either. We actually had to turn the furnace on to get the chill out of the house. But the thing that really frustrated me was my serger…..grrrrrr…..makes me fume just thinking about it. Its 16 years old and the cheapest serger made when I bought it. The lower looper will not stay threaded and I re-threaded it about 6 or 8 times before giving up. I’m not even sure it’s worth taking it in for service. I just may be sergerless!....groan!

The last couple nights I’ve been down in the lower studio working on some Christmas cards. This card meets the requirements for these two challenges.

 
Here’s my card – another Stamping Bella stamp.

 
The image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The first layer is die cut using a Spellbinder’s fancy square die. The next layer was from a Spellbinder’s plain square die. The last layer was two pieces of Christmas paper from my stash that matched each other and the layer behind the image. Love it when that happens. The seam of the two background papers was camouflaged with some gold peel-off stars. The sentiment is another peel-off and more stars were added underneath. Once it was glued to the card base, flocking was glued to the fur part of his hat and Glossy Accents was added to the bow. It probably doesn’t show in the photo but in real life it looks like a plastic bow. Lots of layers on this card but actually quite quick to put together.

That’s all for a frustrating Friday, October-02-15. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

3 comments:

  1. Cute, Violet! I remember when my boys were little and played with the box more than the new toys. Good memories. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww what a lovely card Violet! How cute! You know i watched a couple YouTube videos the other day on using colored pencils. I thought i might learn a thing or two.. and i did but i was surprised that neither video mentioned using Gamsol to blend. They used a white pencil over the top and REALLY saturated the paper with the pencil. The white pencil over the top gave a really interesting effect but for blending i much prefer the Gamsol.

    I'm sorry you had such a frustrating day! I hate it when something you've had for years and years finally goes belly up! And you don't have the money to replace it..sigh...Big Hugs!! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sweet card. The image is adorable and your coloring is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...