Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Back on the Grid and a Card


We’re baaaaack on the grid! Our Internet modem decided to die over the weekend and because it was a long weekend here in Canada, we had to wait until today to have the cable company come and replace it. So we had no phone or Internet yesterday and part of today. We both decided that if we had to choose either Internet or TV, it would be Internet for sure! We both hated being off the grid!

It was a lovely long weekend though and we had our first BBQ and bike ride of the year – 24.24 km on the bikes. Here are a few pictures of us and the BBQ lunch.

There was a cool wind blowing so we had to find a sheltered area to BBQ

Joe's getting better at taking photos but still hates it.

Lunch - baked beans, veggie dogs and fried onions with grilled fresh asparagus.

 Coffee Break Time!

Time to call it done!


We have proof - 24.24 km.
 

And here’s a card that I got made last week….once again, from the stash.


The stamp is a digital download I found on the Internet and is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. It’s one of the many I did while I was recovering from the respiratory bug in April. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die, and left in the die as I sponged on lavender and yellow chalk which leave a nice white border when removed from the die. I looked through my stash and found that burgundy paper that picked up the burgundy centres of the flowers and cut it size and had just enough left over to mount the coloured image on. Of course that meant I needed another mat of white to off-set the burgundy. The ribbon is seam binding that I died myself with spray ink and I cut just enough to go on the diagonal top and bottom. The sentiment is a silver peel-off and then I took left over dots of peel-off and added them to the centres of the flowers and some around the edges. Double click on the photo to enlarge it to see them better.

That’s all for a still lovely warm Tuesday! Warning, my computer is going to my neighbour one of these days to be updated to Windows 10 so if I don’t post anything for a few days, that’s why! In the meantime, feel free to pursue some older posts you might have missed.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...