Friday, July 15, 2016

A Butterfly Quilt


Today was a much nicer day with the humidity down and a soft wind blowing. The clothes dried very quickly on the line today. I’ve spent most of the day quilting my daughter’s very large quilt. It is not easy pushing…actually ramming….a full size quilt under the small space of a domestic sewing machine but eventually I get them done.



Speaking of quilts, this is a quilt I made for a great-great niece who is 6 years old and will be moving to Norway soon. (I didn't think I was old enough to have a great-great anything but apparently I am). I decided her and her brother (his quilt will be posted on another day) should have something ‘Made in Canada’ to take with them.

 


I had just enough butterflies and dragonflies to make enough blocks for this quilt. Then I dug into my bright coloured stash and just sewed random strips of fabric together and then cut them the same size as the blocks – I think they finished 6”. The bright blue really frames the quilt and then more 3 ½” strips were sewn together and added as a border, with yellow corner stones. I was happy how it turned out. I just did free motion stippling for the quilting.



That’s all for a lovely July Friday, July 15, 2016. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.


Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...