Thursday, July 28, 2016

A Tip, a Card and how to fix an Ooops!


I’m making an early posting today because a friend of mine is buying a long-arm quilting machine and I’m going over tonight to help her make room for it. Before I post the card I’m posting a tip you might find useful…..if you have the magnetic platform for the Big Shot.



When I die cut a shape and I want to sponge colour around the middle but leave the border white …..like in this previously posted card…..

 




….place a piece of scrap paper over the magnetic platform; leave the die cut image in the die and lay it down on the magnetic platform. The die will not slip as you are sponging in the colour. I used to try to tape the die in place with washi tape and it would sometimes still slip. I’ve sent this tip over to our local Stampin’ Up dealer, The Pampered Stamper, and she had never thought of doing this either but thought it was a great idea. Once in awhile my brain cells are activated!



Here’s today’s card using a stamp from Tim Holtz’s Crazy Dog stamp set.

 


Sometimes its nice to have a card that can be sent to a man or woman and this one fits the bill. Once again it was coloured with water colour pencils and just blended with plain water. Chalk was sponged underneath the dog so it wouldn’t look like he was floating in space. For the background I just wet a piece and dropped in some water colour paint and let it spread out until I liked it and then blotted it. Then I splattered on some red by loading a wet paint brush with red water colour paint and tapping it while holding it above the card…..an ooops happened when I accidently hit a red dot and it added a tail…..no problem…I just ran the cloth over all the wet ones to make them look like they were shooting. I rather liked them better that way and may do it on purpose next time. The bottom striped piece is from the stash. The sentiment was stamped using my home-made Misti tool. Love it! I can place the sentiment exactly where I want it and stamp……and if it did not stamp dark enough or evenly enough I can simply re-ink and stamp again without having to worry about matching it up. Perfect every time.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



The predicted rain did not come – again – so it’s hot and humid once again. My water bill this month is going to be gigantic. That’s all for a muggy Thursday, July 28, 2016





Cheers

Violet










1 comment:

  1. That is a brilliant idea Violet.... I don't have a Big Shot or a magnetic platform but i can see how that would help! I'm also going to have to look up and see what a Misti tool is... I'm so in the dark ! lol Love your puppy dog card.... You'll have to tell me if you like coloring with the water color pencils or the reg pencils and Gamsol better.....curious minds want to know... lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...