Friday, July 29, 2016

Rain, Blessed Rain....and a card


Rain, blessed rain! Finally the weather prediction came through and we had such a nice rainfall. At first it was a torrential downpour and very windy. In fact, at one point we could barely see the houses across the street from us. Then it was a thunder, lightning and steady rain coming down. Finally! They are also predicting rain and thunderstorms all night and all day tomorrow too. Hopefully it will end the high humidity.



Today’s card is another made from the Tim Holtz dog stamp set. 

 


  

I made this one with a child in mind. The image itself is coloured, once again, with water colour pencils and blended with water. The bones come with the set and I stamped them on white cardstock and cut them out, shading them with a grey Tombow marker. Friends give me their old greeting cards and some I don’t use at all; some I use to put behind an image I want to cut so I don’t have to emboss it to get that embossed border; and some I use. The striped paper was part of a Father’s Day card and there was no writing on that part so I cut it off. The blue and brown cardstock came from my stash so I just put them together like a quilt pattern. The dog was die cut with the largest Spellbinder’s square die and then the designer paper was cut just ¼” larger so a small border would show. The sentiments are from two different stamp sets and then I used my homemade Misti stamper to stamp the banner over them.

Next week will be cards from the T.H. Crazy Cat stamp set. Stay tuned!



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



That’s all for a wet Friday, July 29, 2016. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. Well the rain that was predicted this week pretty much went all around us... I think out of 5 days of predicted rain we ended up with one good downpour... oh well beggars can't be choosers... we'll take it.. But it has been cloudy and it has kept our temperatures down a bit.. 80's instead of 90's... love your little doggy card and look forward to the cats! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...