Monday, July 25, 2016

You're How Old?


I’m melting! It is still so hot and humid here that it is almost unbearable. We had a bit of rain in the middle of the night but it barely made any difference at all helping the grass and plants….and none at all for the humidity. I keep telling myself that it is still better than snow……but myself is having a hard time believing me!



 I’ve been having so much fun making cards with my new Tim Holtz Crazy Dog stamps. They were so cute I went down to our local Scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, and bought the Crazy Cat stamp set too….all stamps are 25% off!



Here is one of the cards I’ve made. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.

 




I love the expression on this little dog…..so much so that I stamped it twice and the other card is totally different that this one. The background paper is from a Studio G .99 6” paper pack. The dark blue is from my stash. The dog and dish were coloured in with water colour pencils and then blended with water. The dog bone was stamped and cut out and just glued on. Small white brads in the corner really set it off. It looked too plain with nothing there but fancy corner treatments were too much.



The banner was stamped with a set of banner stamps from Forever Time which I picked up for a coupe of dollars at Len Mills. The sentiment was computer generated and then I stamped the banner. Which reminds me…..I cannot tell you how many times I’ve used my homemade Misti tool. I love it and I highly recommend you try making one…..or buying the Misti if its in your budget….it wasn’t in mine! The sentiment stamp was placed on the stamped banner so it was exactly where I wanted it….no more guessing for me. Once the banner was cut out it was glued to another piece of the dark blue and cut out leaving about an 1/8” border. It is glued on with dimensional glue strip.



That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, July 25, 2016



Cheers

Violet










1 comment:

  1. HI Violet!!

    First i want to thank you so much for all the wonderful comments you leave on my blog. You are so sweet and i look forward to every time we get to visit for a minute. :) I'm so happy you found some stamp sets you enjoy. Isn't it wonderful when that happens... I was digging around in some of my craft supplies ... you know i can't stay out of those boxes! lol Its gonna be a mess when i FINALLY unpack... and i found a couple stamps YIPEE!!lol I found a great product recently at Walmart the other day.. Its glitter glue by StudioG.... I have never used glitter glue before in my life but this stuff is fantastic! The glitter is extra fine and shimmery and yummy and only $1 !! I got the whitish colored one but really its like aurora borealis if you know what i mean... Well getting long here... i hope you get some heat relief soon... we are cooling off into the 80's this week with rain chances... cross your finger.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...