Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Wine Card from the Stash


The hot and humid weather is creeping back up. I have no interest in being outside in that humidity so it was into the sewing room for me and I finished another quilt today. I just had to put the binding on and now on to the next quilt!



I like to quilt during the day and make cards or do scrapbooking at night. Here’s a card that I made last week.

 


As I was finishing up another card I found this pretty piece of wine cardstock and decided right then and there to use it in a card instead of filing it back into the stash. The top of the card is a very light yellowish-green colour which is the complementary colour for wine. Before taping them together though I ran the wine cardstock through an embossing folder. The embossed flowers and leaves did not show up that well so I took a white ink pad and just very gently went over the top of them to just catch the embossed areas and not the rest of it. Now it pops!



 I liked the top paper but I wanted to bring some wine colour into it so I used an old retired Stampin’ Up stamp of tiny hearts and dots and stamped them around the piece. A gold peel-off line covers the seam where I joined the two pieces; and gold peel-offs were used for the sentiment and fancy scroll under the sentiment.



It needed something else. Butterflies are always nice so I found some more wine cardstock and die cut the butterflies with Memory Box dies. I left one open but the one on the right has a solid butterfly underneath with the lacy one on top…..I just like things to be different! When I laid the card top on the card base I didn’t like the white edge….too stark. So, an easy solution was to simply sponge a light bit of wine ink around the edge and then stamp a few more hearts and dots.

I know most card makers start out with a sketch or definite plan but I just like to wing it and create as I go. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.


That’s all for a hot and humid Tuesday,



Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...