Monday, August 8, 2016

Crazy Cats


The lovely weekend is over but the nice weather stuck around for another day. We are entering into another heat advisory for the rest of the week though with temperatures feeling like 100F. This is the hottest, most humid summer we can recall.



Before I forget I have another YouTube suggestion for you to check out. The Stampin’ Up dealer that I buy from (The Pampered Stamper) has a YouTube channel and she has some very quick tips to share. Here’s the link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+pampered+stamper



She is also having a retreat in September just north of Bracebridge, Ontario; so if you are interested, get in touch with her for more details. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend.



Hope you are not tired of Crazy Cat cards because I can’t seem to stop making them. Here’s one more.

 


I was at our local scrapbooking store a couple of weeks ago and picked up that Memory Box die at the top of the card. I had it in mind to use just like I did on this card and I’m glad it worked out. The sentiment is a black peel-off. The background paper is some left over bits from a 6” Studio G pack. They were taped together at the back and then silver peel-off lines were added over the seams. They were then glued to the white card base.



The cat was coloured with water coloured pencils and blended with plain water and then cut out. Once again, my tip is to cut around all the small parts – like between his legs and around his tail – before cutting out the rest of it. Then the circle was die cut and embossed (Spellbinders) and….. here’s my other brilliant tip if I do say so myself, and I just did….is to leave the cardstock in the die and lay it down on the Big Shot’s magnetic platform. I do cover the platform with a piece of scrap paper first to keep it clean….because I’m a messy crafter! As I sponged on the yellow and orange ink the cardstock does not slip out of the die and you end up with a crisp white border. Love it.

Then the cat was stamped where I wanted it and then the coloured one I had cut out was glued over top of the stamped image – that way his whiskers show and I didn’t have to draw them in…in case I goofed doing it. Nothing worse than getting a card 99% finished and then do some goofy thing to ruin it! Been there, done that and trying hard not to repeat!



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest sign shows up and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account.



That’s all for a lovely Monday, August 8, 2016





Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...