Friday, August 26, 2016

A Bright Card


I think we finally have the computer fixed. We thought so yesterday after it took hours to do a complete repair and then updates and I ended up with a blank screen. I gave up and did a hard boot to turn it off and left it off over night. This morning it came on but it had a few issues; the last of which I think I now repaired – fingers crossed.



Before I post the card, I have a story to tell you. Last week we had our three youngest grandsons here; ages 6, 9, and 11 ½ and it was really, really hot and humid. So, we were discussing what we could do in the house (besides video games) if we got the predicted thunderstorm and couldn’t go anywhere. They are all veracious readers and I make them bookmarks all the time so I suggested they could make their own. They all thought that would be great fun (but it didn’t storm so we didn’t to it) however; the two oldest boys started to ask what stamps I had and trying to decide what to use. The six year old never said a thing until the conversation was winding down when he calmly stated, “Well, I’m an artist so I’ll just draw on mine!”



Oh yeah, this boy doesn’t just like to draw, he considers himself an artist. Too funny. When I told his mom this she just laughed and said, “Oh yeah, that’s Finn for you. When I picked him up at art camp he took me back to see the picture of a barn he was working on and said, “Now, this one is a bit abstract.”  



Oh boy, I was happy with a box of crayons and a colouring book at six. I had no idea what “abstract art” was. His paternal grandmother was a very good artist so he comes by it naturally; unfortunately she died before he was born. She would have been so proud of this boy.



And now the card which fits the challenge for this blog: http://www.scrapyland-blog.com





This is a bright card and I wasn’t too happy how it turned out! The poppies are from a Just Rite stamp set and coloured with alcohol markers, which I seldom use. .....and I did some blending with my Prismacolor pencils. The background was sponged on blue chalk. The dies are all from Spellbinders. The large orange one is popped up using tiny pieces of dimensional foam. Once everything was glued in place on the card base I added a few tiny pearls. Wink of Stella was added to the flowers and black glitter was glued to the inside of the poppies. A friend of mine saw this one and asked for it for her mother’s birthday. It’s a little too bright for my taste but she loved it.



That’s all for a lovely Friday, August 26, 2016. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.


Cheers

Violet






1 comment:

  1. LOL! I LOVED your card because it WAS so bright. :) too funny. That confidence Finn has at such a young age will take him far! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...