Monday, September 26, 2016

A Re-Purposed Card


Happy rainy Monday everyone. My day started with a phone call from a scammer at 8:00 a.m. The scammer told me my XXXcreditcard (I will not say what kind of card I have) was used to make an $600 on-line purchase at 6:00 a.m. When I told him I didn’t have an XXX card he immediately said it was a YYY card so I knew he was a scammer right away. I let him dig himself in a little deeper just to hear his speal and how he sucks gullible people in. He wanted me to go get my credit card so I could verify that it had not been stolen. I knew the next question would be for me to read him my credit card number – NOT! I had had just about enough. So, I asked him what bank my credit card was through and he gave me the wrong bank. I told him off and hung up. So, here’s a tip for you to protect yourself from these scammer:  First of all - NEVER give them any information

Right away:

1)    Ask what kind of credit card they are calling about

2)   Ask what bank your credit card is from

3)   If they happen to guess those two correctly ask them to give you the last four numbers of your credit card. That is the clincher that they are scammers. They are pretty smooth sometimes so be wary. Again, do not give them your credit card or bank information.



I totally forgot to post a card on Friday and meant to do it Saturday instead but……. The heat and humidity dropped on Friday afternoon and Saturday was cool and comfortable so we went hiking at Point Pelee. Sunday is normally a resting day after lots of exercising on Saturday but it was so nice we took the bikes back to Point Pelee and rode the new trails – yikes! These trails are too steep and twisting for us old folks. We made it to the end but took the road back!



We are having rain today so this morning I went over to the church to help make quilts for kids with cancer and other comfort quilts for our community. This afternoon I’m getting my eyes re-tested for new glasses. What a busy few days. I’m ready for a nap!



Today’s card is a re-purposed/re-cycled card.



I have friends who give me bags of old greeting cards – some new some old. Most of them I do not use and they end up in the recycle bin. This one must have caught my eye when I went through a bag and I had ripped it off and it was in my “to be used someday” stash and I decided last week to use some of them. I cut it evenly leaving it longer than it was wide and wrapped a ribbon around the bottom and then added a silver peel-off sentiment. Then it was mounted on the card base. I just happened to have that matching bow in the bow stash and it was absolutely perfect for this card…..love it when that happens! This was such a quick card to finish and I really like it.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.



That’s all for a rainy Monday 2016-09-26.





Cheers

Violet






1 comment:

  1. We just had a scammer ourselves and my goodness they can be convincing... this one was about owing back taxes... (we KNOW we don't owe any) but man that guy was going to send local police if we hung up and everything!! I can just imagine if perhaps they had been talking to an elderly person or some such... it would scare them to death!!!

    I have some cards i recycled too... some of the images on them are just too pretty to get rid of... Love what you've done with yours! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...