Monday, February 27, 2017

The Chosen Card


Not too much happening around here so not much to report. We just don’t do much in the winter as we both enjoy the summer weather so much more than the cold winter weather. We are homebodies in the winter!



Last week I posted the cards my friend rejected for her granddaughter. She had such a hard time choosing just one because she liked them all but finally narrowed it down to these two. 

 


This one was not chosen. To tell you the truth I didn’t expect this one to be even considered. I made it with a much older child in mind but I suppose it could be for any age. The background was made with left over bits of paper glued to a foundation piece of paper. Once it was all trimmed it was glued to a hot pink cardstock base. Silver peel-off strips were added to each seam. The cupcake was die cut with a very old QuicKutz die. The cupcake topping is a thick piece of glitter foam. My sister was shopping and spotted a package of it on sale after Christmas and thought I might like it and bought me a package. I wasn’t sure it would cut with a thin die but it did. I just used an alcohol maker to draw a line in the creases as it did not show up very well. The sentiment is two different stamp sets. The little cupcake on the edge of the banner is from a piece of birthday cardstock.

 


  
This is the card she chose. It was my favourite one too. The image was downloaded from the Internet and coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. Glitter was added to the flowers and the bow and Wink of Stella to the icing. The paper is from my stash and from a 6” paper pack from Studio G.



I just finished scrapbooking the 2014 photos so I’ll be posting some of them as well as cards the next few weeks.



That’s all for a sunny but cool Monday, February 27, 2017.



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Awww that is a cute card she chose :) I like the cupcake one too.. like you said maybe for an older child.. My fav is still the fairy card but then i'm partial to fairies...lol All your cards were beautiful Violet!

    We are expecting storms today and tonight... some maybe severe... i hate that... but we could use the rain badly.. I'll be putting sheetrock on the ceiling today! I hate that.. but it will be one step closer to finishing.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...