Monday, May 22, 2017

A Blue Card


The long weekend is over – Saturday during the day was cloudy and cool and then it was raining….and raining hard starting Saturday afternoon until late Sunday afternoon. Today was cool and windy again. We had the two grandsons here for the weekend and we did spend a few hours at Rondeau and took them bird watching. They were pretty good at finding the birds by sight but no so good at getting them in the binoculars….but they still had fun and enjoyed the walk through the trails so all was well....and they really liked having Chinese for supper. 
Coats and extra hoodies - it was cold! And in case you are wondering, the socks are over the pant legs so ticks cannot get on their legs. It's not an attractive fashion statement but it is recommended.

Of course the first thing they did when I gave them binoculars was to look at each other...boys!

We ran into some friends who were birding so I introduced the boys …..who were taught as pre-schoolers to shake hands with people they meet…so they did and it’s quite funny to see the reaction of the adults. They start out waving and then quickly realize the boys have their hands out to shake....so funny to watch. Sunday afternoon we played Rummoli with my sister and once it quit raining I took them to the park so run off some energy and this morning we played UNO and they both love to read so that’s nice. They are easy to entertain even when they are not playing video games.  We took them home this afternoon and the house is so quiet.



Today’s card is a quick and simple but very nice masculine card. 




I’m back to trying to use more of the stash. These blue papers were just calling out to be used so I did! The striped paper was not quite wide enough so I added the blue one on the left and then die cut the stitched circle (Stampin’ Up die) out of another piece of blue cardstock. I took some feathers…. that I also have a stash of by the way….and glued them together and then wrapped a piece of baker’s twine around them. The dark blue banner was hand cut and a peel-off sentiment added.



That’s all for a cool Monday, May 22, 2017.

Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Just love your card Violet! I have to ask... do you have a trick for getting the mites out of the feathers before you put them on your cards?? I totally know what you mean about socks over the pants because of ticks... We do the same thing here... well 'i' do... hubby won't... But when we do yard work my socks go over my pants and i try to forget what it looks like.. even then i spray bug spray over my shoes and pant legs... Can't be too careful in my book.. We are getting some wonderfully cool weather here too.. one more day of it then we warm back up again... But in the 40's for sleeping in May?!! I'll take it..Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...