Wednesday, September 20, 2017

A New-To-Me Technique


It’s another lovely day here in Ontario but yesterday it rained all day. It’s been weeks since we have had an all day rain and of course, we just had to do errands and get groceries yesterday! Joe was sure it was going to just be a shower and quit soon but it didn’t! My garden was grateful for the rain but I’m sure the farmers trying to harvest the fall crops were not!



I’m posting another Christmas card today. I tried a new-to-me technique and I rather like how it turned out.




I took some light coloured cardstock and stamped the Inkadinkado image with VersaMark ink. Then I brushed gold Perfect Pearls over it. The Perfect Pearls sticks to the VersaMark. I misted some water in the air and ran the stamped image through it to set it. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s long rectangle die and then I cut gold cardstock about ¼” larger to mount it on. The background was made up of left over bits of Christmas paper that were cut the same size and then taped together. I ran a gold pen around each edge and down each seam. Then I added the gold ribbon and punched out a gold star. It will do.



This was a lovely day starting with a surprise visit from my card making friend Jane; a lovely phone visit with my sister and then an afternoon of quilting. I have many more Christmas cards to make but this afternoon I worked on another quilt that will go to a teenage or pre-teen boy in the hospital that has cancer. Apparently ChildCan is short of quilts for this age group so our quilt guild is making some. I had some suitable fabric in my stash so I’m using that.



That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, September 20, 2017. I’m off to a quilt guild meeting tonight so I’m posting this a little earlier than I usually do.

Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






2 comments:

  1. Violet that is such a classy card... Beautiful! Love it when you use leftover bits.. reminds me to do the same.. Downright HOT here.. pushing 90 today and tomorrow then we start a gradual cool down and by next week we are in the 70's for the highs...and 50's at night.. Indian Summer coming to an end i think...i hope.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! I'm very new to art journaling and stamping and such so I don't have a lot of the fancy (to me) supplies that you mention, but I do love seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...