Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Pirate Card


        Brrrrrr. We are back to bitter cold temperatures but we will be having a warmer few days starting tomorrow….and then two days of rain which will get rid of the snow once again!

I cannot wait for this dreadful winter to be over. Give me sunshine and warm weather!

        Today’s card is one I made for a young boy.




        I stamped this pirate and coloured it with pencils; blended with gamsol – my favourite method of colouring images. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die….a recent thrift store find – brand new package in with a few other crafty items for $2 or $3. – that made my day! Anyway, I left it in the die and sponged on some blue chalk around him; brown along the ground but it ended being covered up anyway.

        I mounted him on a piece of light brown cardstock and then the rusty red one. It was my initial intent to just adhere it to another piece of the same colour light brown cardstock but it was too blah! So, back to the stash of old dies and I pulled out one I have with lots of pirate motifs on it and stamped them all around the background cardstock. Much better. It still needed something so I die cut some ropes from the same rusty red cardstock and added it down the side. Then the banner was hand cut from the left over red. The sentiment was stamped in a similar red colour on white and glued to the banner.

        I’m off to the quilt guild meeting tonight. There was an all day sewing day at the church today where the guild was meeting to make small quilts for the NICU in Hamilton but my brain disorders are still acting up and I decided not to go. I will make it to the meeting itself because it’s not noisy.

        That’s all for a bitter cold, and now snowy, Wednesday, January 17, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.





       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...