Tuesday, March 13, 2012

CPS 256 - Chocolate Cupcake Card

This post is actually for Wednesday. I have the two grandsons here and who knows if I'll have a chance to see the computer tomorrow so while they are busy watching Sponge Bob tonight, I'm making my escape to the computer.

Card Positioning System's blog also have a challenge each week. They post a sketch and I made my card based on it yesterday. Here it is.

I decided to do a chocolate cupcake card. Another card that would be suitable for a teenager or man. I stamped the cupcake with Stampin' Up brown ink, and then squeezed the lid to get some ink on the lid and used a wet paint brush to paint the rest of the cupcake so it looks like chocolate icing. I left the image in the die after embossing it and pounced some Distress Ink around it. I put a light coat of Glossy Accent on the icing part to give it a bit of a shine. The larger circle is the same paper as the base colour. The other two layers are just brown paper from my stash. I glued the striped paper to the brown one and then stitched around the perimeter of each, just to add some more dimension. I punched out the tab, cut it in half and stamped "celebrate!"with brown ink and glued it along the edge. I stamped the cherry and cut it out, covered it with Glossy Accents to give it shine and attached it with a pop dot.

3 comments:

☼Carolina Artesanías☼ said...

hola!!
me encanto tu tarjeta
linda! NICE!!
la mía ya está publicada
por si me quieres pasar a ver!!
hugs from Chile
c@

Lea L. said...

Yummy!! Thanks for playing along with CPS 256!!

Linda Beeson said...

Yum on your cute cupcake and nice use of that CPS sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...