Saturday, January 18, 2014

Warm Winter Wishes Card

Christmas 2013 is past. Time to make the 2014 Christmas cards! I try to make as many as I can all year so I don't have to do them all at once in November. Following the Merry Monday challenge keeps me motivated.
 
I don’t usually post on the weekend and this time I’m doing two in one day. I had made this card for the Merry Monday challenge and forgot to post it. The challenge ends tomorrow at noon and if we‘re not snowed in, we’ll be at church, so I thought I better post it tonight.

The background paper and the stamp were in the box of goodies my friend gifted to me. I just had to use this stamp. I very lightly coloured it with some water colour paints even though it’s not on water colour paper. Then I added stickles to the star and the heart and flock to the area under the snowman. The image and the dark blue were die cut with the Spellbinder’s card creator dies. Before I glued it all down I punched out a few snowflakes from the darker turquois blue and I die cut a fancy label from the designer paper to be used on another card. Hey, it’s all hidden! Why waste it! I added a fancy silver flower that had a gem the same colour as the snowflake to the left top of the image. I actually stamped and coloured and completed three cards pretty much all the same - a rarity for me but it was so much quicker to make the second and third card once I made the first one.

Cheers

Violet

 

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE snowmen and snowflakes. And this is adorable. And again you remind me to start making Christmas cards year round. What do you think about Chrismas postcards??? Maybe i'll make some of them? I really do like making my MailArt postcards....Hmmmmm now you got me thinking! :) Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Violet! I love this snowman, the background paper and soft watercoloring! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is darling, I love all the fun elements. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card, Violet! I love your snowman! Love the touches of glitter on the snowflake, heart and star too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! I loooove that snowmen, he is so cute. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the country style image and your touch of glitter! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...