Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Spring Day at Last



 Now today was more like a spring day! Finally!.....and what a change from yesterday! And tomorrow it could get as high as 17C (62F) by the afternoon – but it comes at a price – thunderstorms and rain! We decided to take advantage of the nice day to go visit Joe’s widowed aunt-in-law who lives almost an hour and a half from us. She is 84 and recently moved into a nursing home and loves it there. She has a wicked sense of humour we just adore her….although her short term memory is starting to be a problem now and again. After we left her we stopped for a Chinese supper at a buffet we’ve been at before and enjoyed. Nice day!!!

So, this is the last of the Easter cards I made this year…and made with another new Penny Black stamp.


All the cards I’ve posted this week are experiment cards using various techniques….some I like more than others…..some need work! However these were all going to some ladies from our church that are in a nursing home and they are not all that fussy and I knew they would enjoy them. This one is one of my favourites of the new stamps. I do believe that this one was inked with various Distress inks. You get a different look with each kind of medium you use. Once again I splattered some red and green ink over it. Distress Ink Tumbled Glass was sponged on for the sky and Peeled Paint for the grass.

That’s all for a Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Violet~~ Things are a little crazy around here as we leave Easter Sunday morning but i wanted to pop in and say hi.. INternet connection will be iffy for a while.. So glad you had a nice Spring day finally. Isn't it fun to experiment with all those techniques?? I have to ask you ... do you like the Distress Paints or the inks better?? I'm torn about which one to get... I like how the inks blend but they don't dry permanent and the paints do..... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...