Friday, February 13, 2015

Christmas Cards Started


Okay people, tell me why a paper cut hurts worse than a regular cut. I have one on the tip of my index finger on my right hand and it’s driving me crazy. Last night it was actually throbbing and if I touched it on something, like a pillow, the pain shot through my finger as if someone stabbed me. I told Joe I felt like I had a gaping hole in my finger – he looked at and laughed! He laughed! Well, I suppose referring to it as a gaping hole was a slight exaggeration but he didn’t have to laugh did he.

Today was a busy day. This morning I pulled on a heavy sweater and went down to the cold lower studio and made some cards; had a visit with another card making friend who stopped in; after lunch I ran some errands including a quick stop at our local scrapbooking store, The Paper Pickle, and treated myself to a couple of dies; stopped and did some visiting to the shut-ins at a nursing home; made some cards; made supper and apple crisp and called the day done! Whew! Good job I’m retired. I don’t have time to work.

I finally got a couple of Christmas cards done. This one is for the challenge at: http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com and the challenge was to do white on white with one other colour. I made two because the first one did not photograph that well.

 
  

I used a Cuttlebug folder and ran a piece of white cardstock through it. Then I gently rubbed VersaMark ink pad over the top of the raised areas and some along the edges and in the bottom part and then sprinkled on white embossing powder and heat set it. The sentiment was stamped in blue (which I think is Night of Navy from Stampin’ Up) and then I ran the same colour around the edges. It’s quite pretty in real life but too white with small images to photograph well.

 


For the second card I ran the white cardstock through a Stampin’ Up snowflake folder and then stamped their reindeer stamp, Dasher. First I inked Dasher with VersaMark ink, then gold ink, and then gold embossing powder and heat set it. Before gluing this part to the gold paper, I die cut a rectangle scallop piece out of the centre to use as a backing for the sentiment inside. Once all this was glued to the white card base I then added the gold gems to three of the snowflakes. I like this one a lot.

That’s all for a cold, cold Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are a great take on the theme of white on white
    Love the use of embossing for back layer
    Thanks for sharing on Christmas Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'd need to lie down in a darkened room for a long time after such a busy day. I love this pretty pair of cards Violet and the embossing shows up really well.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both cards show up beautifully Violet. I was never a huge fan of the embossing folders but you just may have changed my mind... :) Hugs~deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these card even better in person, keep up your great ideas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...