Monday, April 6, 2015

Under the Weather Card



It’s Easter Monday – schools and government offices are closed - Home Opening Baseball games (Hubby roots for Detroit Tigers and I root for Toronto Blue Jays – damp weather but no rain or snow that’s good – and I finally got my daughter’s quilt quilted this afternoon. The problem is I don’t have enough binding to bind the edge of it. I had bought the material and cut it out about 5 years ago and put it away unfinished, and forgot about it. I pulled it out last fall and was determined to finish it but then I remembered why I put it away – it was a square quilt and I don’t like square quilts. Well, I made it longer so it’s no longer square – but huge! – and now I’m short about 30” of binding. Groan! I’ll never be able to find the matching fabric but I’ll try hard to find something that matches. In the meantime I’m working on the quilt I’m donating to our local OSPCA (animal shelter) for their fund raiser. I made cards all weekend because I couldn’t take the noise of the sewing machine so I’m happy today is a better day and I’m back to quilting.

Today’s card is for the challenge at: www.craftingwhenwecanchallenges.blogspot.com which is to make a card about weather! I can do that!


This is a Penny Black House Mouse stamp...love these stamps. It coloured up very quickly with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The sentiment was computer generated and I just hand cut the banners. Paper is from my stash….which doesn’t seem to be going down no matter how many cards I make! I really must stop buying paper – HAH! Like that’s going to happen!!!

That’s all for a Monday, April-06-15

  Cheers
Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...