Friday, January 15, 2016

Hybrid Scrapbooking Layout


Well the weather was nice enough for our morning walk today but apparently we are in for some rain later today and then it’s going to turn cold again. No wonder there are so many people sick!

Last night it was too cold in my lower studio (aka the basement) where I normally retreat to after supper to either do some scrapbooking or make some cards or paint. So, instead I stayed upstairs and did 6 digital scrapbook layouts. I like to do the hybrid scrapbooking now that I’ve figured out the basic Photoshop steps.  

Here is one example of hybrid scrapbooking of our last hike of 2014 that was finished on 12”x12” paper. Its companion page that was done the old fashioned way will be posted on Monday because this post got way too long to do both at once.  

This page is they hybrid page. The photos were all inserted into a premade digital template that was downloaded from their old Scrapbook Etc. website. I think you can still download these templates though through BHG (http://www.bhg.com/crafts/scrapbooking) but you need a photo editing software to use them. So, once I printed out the 8x10 photo collage I took a piece of light coloured cardstock and rubbed various fall colours of ink over it – especially green, orange and yellow. Then I stamped some leaves in light ink as well. I just wanted something in the background but didn’t want anything to bright. I always like to have something at the bottom of the photo collage to ground it so I added that wavy autumn coloured strip and then added the brown piece on top which came with that saying, which was perfect for this layout.
 
The blue bit on the one photo was cut from a photo I didn’t need (I usually take more than one and then scrapbook the best one) but it made a nice tag. To make the heading “Last Hike” I took some heavy cardstock and coloured it in fall colours but added more red and darker colours. Then it was ran through an embossing folder to add some texture and then die cut with the Stampin’ Up alphabet set……love this set! The “of” and “2014” were die cut with the same paper but an old Cuttlebug alphabet set was used because I wanted it smaller. The little falling leaves are stickers.

That’s all for a cool, damp Friday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...