Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dancin' in the Moonlight

No, not Joe and I! Just the thought of us dancing in the moonlight makes me laugh! This is a quilt I made for one of my grandsons, Seth. His mom picked out the pattern from a quilting book called "Critters" by Brandywine Design. Dancin' in the Moonlight is just one of the quilts featured. The funny thing is about this is that this was her second child and the oldest boy was about 2 1/2 when she told him he was going to  have a brother or a sister. He insisted it was "a brother" and would not even discuss the possibility that he may have a sister. (This boy talked in sentences at 18 months) They did not find out Jack's gender until he was born and they had no intention of doing so with this baby either but because Jack was so insistent he was having a brother they thought they better in case it was a girl. He was right, he had a brother!

Now, back to the story, as Barbi was going thru my books looking for just the right quilt for the new baby, Jack went into my sewing room, grabbed a couple pieces of fabric laying on the shelf and came out and said "Here Grandma, make this one into a quilt for me, and this one for my new baby brother".  "OK Jack". Barbi and I just looked at each other and laughed. She said "How did he even know you make quilts from fabric? He's never seen you sew."  We never did figure it out. You just never know what kids learn and where they learn it from.

Anyway, here's his quilt.
The animals were fused appliqued and then stitched around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...