Friday, February 18, 2011

Squares, Squares and More Squares

This is one of the first pieced quilts that I have made. I think I made 3 crazy patch quilts before this one. My daughter requested a quilt with small 2" squares in fall colours. Believe it or not (don't laugh at the following all you experienced quilters out there) I was so new to quilting I didn't realize you could sew 2 1/2" strips together, then cut them into 2 1/2" strips and resew with others to get a variety. I actually cut all those squares separately and then sewed them together. Man, did I ever hate doing that quilt and was so glad it was done. Then I joined the quilt guild and bought quilting books and found how to do it the right and easy way - and boy did I ever feel stupid then! Oh well, Barbi likes it and that's the main thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...