Saturday, July 2, 2011

Seth's Summer Quilt

This is what you call a humid day! Wow! I walked to the mailbox to mail my grandson's birthday card and I just about melted. It is no surprise we are under a severe thunderstorm watch.

Today I thought I would post a small quilt I made for my grandson, Seth, when he was just a wee baby. He was born in July and I decided his mom might enjoy having just a light quilt to throw over him on cool days but not one with the usual heavy batting. This is what I came up with:


Someone had given me the panel in the centre and I wasn't sure what to do with it as there was no matching material to go with it. My friend, Phene, gave me the idea to add strips of fabric to each end and the sides. I dug into my stash for fabric that picked up the colours in the panel. Quick and easy quilt and it used up at least a few of my scraps! That's the strange thing about scraps. The more I use up, the more I have. So odd!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...