Thursday, June 7, 2012

Make a Wish Card

So tired. Last night we had a very brief thunderstorm roll thru which triggered off my brain disorders (trigeminal neuralgia and hemi-facial paralysis). So, instead of sleeping I pretty much sat up on the recliner reading and dozing off and on until almost 3:30. Today's agenda - not much! I think I'll go out and do some dead-heading in the garden and just putter around for the day.

We did, however, have a beautiful but short-lived rainbow south of us. Here's the picture I captured of it from my driveway.
I love rainbows.

 But I do have a card to share with you. I made this one for the pre-teen or teen boy.
I'm still trying to use up the stash so I picked two background strips and taped them together at the back and then added the yellow to cover the seam. I had cut a circle out of the red and the rest of it was still sitting on my table so I took another piece of blue and cut it out and filled the vacant hole. Then I cut out the sentiment which is from a Cuttlebug die first in red and then yellow and stacked them off-set so the yellow looks like a shadow. First though I remembered to run the yellow and red pieces thru the Xyron machine to put glue on the back - so much easier to adhere these small alphabets and words that way. Cards for the boys are hard, especially the pre-teen and young teens but I think this one fits the bill.




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Bravo! I wish you success!
    Amazing beautiful picture! You can show your picture here

    http://suzies365.blogspot.com/2012/06/day-159.html

    - the theme is a roadside
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful rainbow and a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...