Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome Baby Cards

As I was laying in bed last night I was thinking of my blog and for the life of me I couldn't remember what I posted that day. Finally it hit me, I didn't post anything so that's why I couldn't remember it. Oh boy! This is such a busy time of the year that I'm easily distracted. I do recall sitting down at the computer late in the afternoon with every intention of posting a card but obviously got interrupted and never went back to it. So, today I'm posting two cards - that I actually meant to post yesterday. They are so much alike I just have to do them both on the same day.

Here's the first one.

I started out with a piece of watercolour paper and sponged some distress ink on it, leaving the centre very light, and the edges very dark. Then I stamped this cute little bear from Hot off the Press (Paper Wishes). The bear, stars and the sentiment are all one set for .99. Yes, .99 cents. I love these little stamps. Anyway, after stamping the images, I coloured the bear with Tombow markers and Dove blending pen...or the Stampin' Up one, which ever one I grabbed first. I scratched the marker on a piece of plastic and then picked up the colour with the blending pen. I have much more control over the colour this way and I can shade better. After the colouring was done I simply backed it onto a piece of pink cardstock that was run thru the Cuttlebug with the Spellbinder's scalloped rectangle die. I had a pink card base so I just added the background paper to it and then another piece of the sticky back fancy ribbon, and then the main image.

I liked it so much I made a blue one.



Same techniques but this time I doubled the scalloped rectangles for a wee bit of a different look and because I was putting no ribbon on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...