Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yellow Rose Card

What a beautiful day today. It was too nice to be inside so I puttered around the garden most of the day, dead-heading and watering and painted two bird houses which would have been easier to do in the basement instead of outside on poles but they are done.

I have over 30 rose bushes and last year I took a few pictures of the roses in bloom. The other night I made three cards from the photos of the yellow roses. Here's the first one.

I downloaded the picture into Photoshop Elements 9 and added the sentiment right on the photo, then reduced the size and printed it out, leaving the white border around the edge. I mounted it on a piece of yellow which was rather blah so I sponged some Distress Ink around the edges to give it some depth. I found a piece of yellow in the stash that matched so I inked the edges of it and added to a piece of background paper. The bow was made using my home-made bow maker (love my bow maker) and then three clear dew drops were added.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...