Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easy Rider

What a busy day yesterday was! I actually made it to Aqua Fit in the morning. After I left the "Y" I went over to Fabricland (which is closing and we are all upset about it) to get some webbing for the quilted tote I'm making...and picked up a few hanks of ribbon for card making. Everything is either 50% or 75% off right now. I walked around the store a few times but decided there was nothing else I wanted, or needed, right now but I may drop in again when they reduce things even more. I love a bargain!

 In the afternoon I bagged up and took 17 lap quilts (yes, I finally got them all made) to a local nursing home to give out to the Alzheimer patients but was told they cannot just accept anything unless it is designated for a specific resident. This seemed odd to be because I know another group from our guild took some there a couple of years ago. So I lugged the two large bags of quilts back to the car - my tennis elbow did not enjoy this and let me know about it all night. Anyway, I went back into the nursing home and visited the people from my church that are now living there. This is where the extra exercise comes in. Picture a D shaped building without the two ends on the curve meeting. You go to the middle of the lobby and take the one and only elevator to the floor you want and you can go either left or right to the rooms. If you are visiting people who live on the different ends, you walk back past the elevator to get to the other side. I have people I visit on 4 of the 5 floors. Lots of walking. They also refuse to allow the visitors to use their stairs so I have to use the elevator - which I hate! I'm claustrophobic but sometimes I just have to suck it up and get through the situation. I was an hour and a half walking around the building and visiting. When I mentioned the quilts three of the ladies eyes lit up and I went back to the car and brought back quilts for them. They were thrilled even though they all had other blankets piled up. One of the lady's daughter showed up and rolled her eyes when I mentioned I was going to get her mom a quilt. "She doesn't need a quilt! She has all kinds of"..... and then she stopped and looked at me and said "Oh right. She wants a quilt, she gets a quilt". There is nothing more lovin' then a quilt!

After supper I went down to the lower studio and made a few cards. Here's one for the challenge at Our Creative Corner. The challenge was to make a card about either travelling or transportation.

 
 
This stamp if from the Unity Company. It's the only one of their's I own. I bought it on clearance at the Paper Pickle and I've made a few cards with it but not many. This time I stamped and embossed it in black and then sponged Distress Ink Broken China on top, Tie Dye on the bottom. Then I sprinkled on some water and let the water drops form. I love how Distress Inks react with water. Then I die cut the frame using my Spellbinders' Create A Card dies and glued it all to a black piece of cardstock. The sentiment was die cut with a Cuttlebug die out of the same cardstock as the frame and then I added the three black dew drops. I think this is a good card for any motorcycle loving man or teenager.
 



1 comment:

  1. very nice embossing on the biker & I love the watery sky background... looks amazing together! Thanks so much for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...