Friday, April 5, 2013

A Bellariffic Friday Birthday Card

Not much to report today. Nice and sunny but the wind is cool. I had a restless night last night so I turned the alarm off at 5:00. I figured two hours sleep was not enough. So, I slept in until 8:00 - great. Aqua Fit starts at 8:30 - wasn't happening today! Oh well, once the nice weather comes Joe and I start our spring - summer exercise routine - bird watching in May and then biking and hiking all summer. We are not like most bird watchers who will actually sit in one spot with their cameras ready for HOURS waiting for one particular bird, mostly the Prothonotary Warbler, to show up. We like to walk and if we happen to see a bird, great. But sitting in one spot is not our thing at all. After about 10 minutes I'm ready to move on.

This week's challenge at Stamping Bella was a to make a card with the provided sketch. Here's mine.

 
And I absolutely followed the sketch this time. I think the stamp is called Ivy but not sure. It's an oldie but I like it.She is coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  Do you like that background paper? I made it! It's okay if you don't like it because this style is not for everyone but I happen to like it. Here's what I did. I took some very ugly striped 12x12 scrapbook paper that was in with some nice paper I bought at the thrift store and decided to pretty it up some. Many layers of paint and ink and different stencils and some stamps. When I decided it was done I just cut into it like I would any other designer paper. The circles are die cut using Spellbinder dies and the flower came from a package from the dollar store and I added the button.


1 comment:

  1. Just lovely ..background paper and all.....

    Hubby and i keep threatening to buy binoculars but haven't done it yet......We love to bird watch on our walks together. I can't see myself sitting in one place for long either...:) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...