Monday, July 30, 2012

A Very Pink Baby Card

Another Monday! The summer is flying by faster then ever. One load of wash is on the line, the other is almost finished washing. I should get this post done before it stops. I love to hang the clothes on the clothesline. Hubby not so much. Besides the fact that a) it saves electricity b) they smell great c) it reminds me of my childhood. We didn't have a dryer at home, in fact my mom used a wringer washer, all her life - until they opened a laundromat! So I grew up helping her to hang the clothes on the line. Ahh memories!

Today's card is very pink. I needed more baby cards and although very pink, I like how this one turned out.

Told you it was pink! When I first bought my Cuttlebug it came with some two(2) inch sample embossing folders. They were very nice but for some odd reason they had a number in the corner. This baby carriage had  a '1' in the corner. Well, what if it wasn't the first baby? So, one day I decided to see if I could remove the numbers. First I filed off the embossed part. Trouble is when I ran it thru the Cuttlebug, I could still see the number, faintly, but it was there. Very annoying. So I filled in the debossed area with Spackle, which is what they use to fill holes in walls left by nails, etc. Easily bought at any home hardware store. Hubby had some so I borrowed his. I filled it in and let it dry - it shrinks - so I kept adding it until it was flush. In fact it was a little more then flush so I let it dry completed and sanded it smooth. Perfect. I did that to all the sample embossing folders.

So, I obviously ran this one thru the Cuttlebug but didn't put it on a card so when I came across it, I decided it was time to use it. I inked the embossed areas and the edges with hot pink ink and glued it to another pink square. Then I stitched around the edges of both. I had this pink polka dot paper so I used it as the designer paper. I wrapped the ribbon around it and secured it at the back before adding the embossed buggy. Once again, I tied the bow with my homemade bow maker. A quick and easy card, and I actually like it.


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, your colours are scrumptious, such a sweet image and that bow is beautiful!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very nice
    I do remember how wringer washer and put rubber diapers through that wringer diapers and explodes and I ruined a couple of shirts
    Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I pinched my fingers a couple times in the wringer washer but that's about all. We had a neighbour who caught her whole arm in once though! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...