Thursday, February 28, 2013

One More Christmas Card done.

Well the big storm that we were suppose to hit pretty much went around us once again. This part of southern Ontario is quite often referred to as the "banana belt" because the storms seem to follow the lake and miss us more often then not. Now when my husband first told me this fact when I moved here 25 years ago to marry him I told him that I just moved here from another place called the "banana belt". In between the two cities is an area known as the "snow belt", and for very good reason. Welcome to Ontario. You never know what you are going to get, weather wise that is.

Anybody watch American Idol? That last contestant, Zoeletta??, is a hoot...and what a voice. Right from the first time I saw her I said to Joe, "She belongs on Broadway" and last night one of the judges said the same thing. Great singers again this year. Wish I could sing but I can't and I don't - it seems to offend people when I do. My kids, when they were still "kids", once suggested that I really didn't have to sing Happy Birthday to them. "They wouldn't mind, really". Brats. So of course I turned that around and when they were acting up I'd say "Knock it off or I'll sing for the next hour". Dead silence.

Anyway, this week I made a card for the Merry Monday challenge over at www.alwaysplayingwithpaper.ca blog. This week they gave us another grid and I chose designer paper, ribbon and cute. Here's my card.

The stamp is one that came with the bag full of stamps I bought last week at the thrift store. Cute it is. I stamped and embossed it with black ink and then coloured it up with Tombow markers.
I used my new Spellbinders Create a Card rectangle dies. LOVE THEM! No more measuring and remeasuring and cutting wrong sizes. I bought both the A and the B dies because when you use them alternately, you get a perfect 1/8" difference and with one, you get a perfect 1/4". They go right up to the A4 size too. I can see myself using them a lot for scrapbooking too.

Anyway, found some designer paper that worked with the image, glued it all on and then added the ribbon. The large brad came from Paper Wishes in with some other stuff I ordered a couple of years ago. I added a rub-on snowflake to the top of it. One more Christmas card done!

7 comments:

  1. I think the penguins are super cute! thanks for the review of your new Spellbinders dies... I wonder if they too would help me fix my incorrect sizing issues! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cute penguins, Violet! Great papers and bow too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card Violet, this image is so cute. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Violet, I like the colours you used and the snowflake on the button, fab idea. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card, Violet! Cute penguin image and beautiful ribbon/bow! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, Violet! Love your penguins with their brightly colored scarves and hats! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a fun image, and colored so well too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...