Wednesday, January 23, 2013

ROAR

Still freezing cold here in Ontario! Terrible cold snap and I hope snaps its way out of here real quick. Our car is over 5 years old but the Toyota turned over without missing a beat this morning.

Thrift Store Finds -

I had promised my friend to go over to her house today to help out with the kiddies she babysits while she went to the doctor's with her husband who is fighting lung cancer.......yes, their parents know I am the emergency back-up person......and I had to stop to buy a new kettle on the way home to replace the one that literally blew up yesterday!

Well, on the way home I decided to make a quick run thru Value Village and I'm so glad I did. The first thing I found was a brand new child's school day's scrapbook, complete with all the pages for recording events/pictures, etc. for $2.99. Cool. This one is going to the youngest grandson who is only 2-1/2 and the only one not in school yet.

Then I happened to notice some Cuttlebug Kids die sets - 2 sets, still in their packages. One was a set of 4 cars and trucks the other was a two-part elephant. It was what was sitting underneath of them that was the real find - a complete set of Sizzix Alphabet set still in the original box. Got them all for $7.99. I just used the Alphabet set on the scrapbook layout I was working on after lunch. This set has a double die. Besides the capital and small letters, it has the same ones only smaller so you can cut out one in each colour and offset them. Love it! So glad I stopped in.

Now on with the card. Here is a cute baby congratulations card.

The stamp is from Paper Wishes and the sentiment "roar", the bone and the footprints all come with it - and all for .99. This one was coloured with Luminarte paint, which leaves a lovely sparkly shiny finish. The paper is from Hot off the Press which is also Paper Wishes. Rectangle and deckle rectange die is from Spellbinders. The oval is a ProvoCraft label and the green strip was cut with the Tim Holtz edge cutter and then edged with green ink. A quick and easy but very cute card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...