Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Card for the Teenage Boy

This is for the Stamping Bella’s challenge which is for every Friday. This week she presented us with a sketch. I decided to make a card for the teenage boy. Not my favorite card to make. No flowers, no butterflies, no glitter, no gems – boys and men have a dull world!

 
Once again the stamped image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol this time. While it was still in the die, Antique Linen was sponged around the edges. I just could not find any suitable background paper I liked. I wanted something light so the image wouldn’t be overshadowed but all my light paper had flowers on it. But then I had a brainstorm – which doesn’t happen often but I did this time. Why don’t I stencil a background? So, I used this stencil that always reminds me of other bricks or computer parts depending on what I use it with and sponged some light blue ink over it and voil`a I have a background that works for me. The rest of the paper is from the stash. The squares were die cut with Spellbinders square die set. Not my favorite card but I hope some boy likes it.
 
Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, smile, I would rather make a card with bows, flowers, etc...but you sure did a great job on this card without the bows, etc...very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...