Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Soccer Card


Wow, strong winds were blown through Ontario today! The good news about that is the clothes I hung on the line were dry in record time. More rain expected tonight and tomorrow but I didn’t take the chance of that happening and watered the flower beds very well today. I actually enjoy holding the hose and watering each plant rather than putting on the sprinkler thing. Here’s a funny story about a hose. My four year old grandson loves to help in their garden and on the weekend he picked up the hose to examine it and had it aimed his face when he pushed the lever. Oh oh, bad decision Finn. His dad said he felt bad about laughing but it was funny he couldn’t help it. I laughed just imagining it.
 
Before I post the card I have a household hint for you. Well, not really household but a personal hint. If you wear deodorant (and I’m sure you do) have you ever just put it on and then pulled on at-shirt and got deodorant on the outside of your shirt? Most people have done that. This is a hint a co-worker about 28 years ago passed on to me which avoids that – roll up the bottom of any t-shirt or sweater you are pulling over your head just after you have added deodorant. If any gets on the clothes, it will be on the inside, not the outside! Good tip right!

This is another card for a boy. I’ve been on a roll making these lately.
 

I coloured this cute boy image with Prismacolor pencils – of course. The rectangles were cut with the Spellbinder’s Create-A-Card set and the oval was also a Spellbinder die. Paper is from the stash. The sentiment was added with dimensional glue dots.The background paper is actually one piece and it just happened to match the boy’s hat and jeans but it needed something in the middle so I added the strip that had the orange like his shirt and added some contrast. Love scraps!

That’s it for a Tuesday!

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...