Monday, October 20, 2014

Busy Day Today



What a busy day this was! Today was the first day I’ve left the house since the quilt guild meeting last Wednesday. The weather turned cold and windy on Thursday which triggers off my brain disorders (trigeminal neuralgia and hemi-facial paralysis….don’t feel bad if you don’t know about them as they are both quite rare…rare to have one and even rarer to have both…lucky me, right!). So I’ve been quilting like crazy for the last few days and got lots done…with lots more to go! The brain disorders not only cause pain but they also affect my speech in various ways. Yesterday was another “add 20 or 30 syllables” to the end of every third or fourth word and I absolutely do not leave the house when I speak like that….people would think I was high on something and I don’t take even pain pills, but they wouldn’t know that. I also don’t leave the house if I’m speaking as if I’m impaired….and I’m a total abstainer from all alcohol and wine….or if I’m speaking slow and mispronouncing some words as this makes me sound…well, a little slow shall we say.

This morning I was speaking just fine and we decided to get groceries and run some errands and as soon as I stepped outside into the cool wind I started speaking with a southern accent…..Joe kind of likes that one! Apparently sometimes I have an English accent and some days a Chinese accent. Joe just shakes his head and says, “Never a dull moment with you dear!” Needless to say, we seldom every buy tickets for anything in advance! We all have our cross to bear and mine is much smaller than some peoples. This was proven to me again this afternoon when I went down to do some visits at the nursing home. Some of the residents are sad to visit with; some are a pleasure to visit. So if you are having a bad day, remember that it could always be worse! So, busy day for sure. Now it's back to quilting.

Today’s cards were so much fun to do. Flu season is here already so it’s nice to have some Get Well cards on hand.


I made this one first using paper from the stash and a bow from the now closed shoe factory. I added a piece of the same paper to the inside so it wouldn’t be just plain white. The cards came shaped from Michaels. All dies are from Spellbinders. I liked this one so much I decided to make a brown one as well.


 This bow was tied on my home-made bow maker but other than that it was made just like the blue one. I love it when I have ribbon that matches paper in the stash.

That’s all for a windy dull Monday.

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are able to find the bright side to your dilemma ... :) It must be so frustrating though to know what you want to say and not be able to say it. And Joe well he's just something else. What a great guy.

    I have an apple pie in the oven...never made an apple pie before but was inspired by a trip to Apple Hill this past weekend to get cider and all things apple related... cross your fingers..... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...