Friday, January 2, 2015

No Quilting Day



This was not the most creative day I had. Neither one of us slept well last night and I woke up with the old brain disorders making their painful presence known...mild, but annoying. So, right after breakfast we decided to walk downtown but we made a slight detour and had lunch downtown as well. I had decided to take the day off from quilting….too easy to make a mistake when I’m not feeling well, so this afternoon I sat and wrapped the Christmas gifts. No, I’m not crazy. Our family is spread out over 6 cities, one of them 900km. away and with everyone working (thank goodness) it is hard to get everyone free the same weekend. The kids all like to have Christmas Day in their own homes now so we get together after Christmas…usually Boxing Day or between Christmas and New Years but this year we are just a tad later than normal. Oh well, sometimes it’s good for the little ones to spread Christmas gifts out a bit.

After supper I went back down to the lower studio and made some more cards. It felt good to be doing something other than quilting for a change. I’ll start posting them next week.

Today’s card is one I made for one of the sons-in-law. This fellow loves his sweets so I picked this sentiment from a birthday set of stamps from Hot Off the Press (Paper Wishes). I also stamped the Birthday Wishes sentiment on a left over piece of cardstock from the layer behind the main sentiment; cut the banner end, and glued it on top of the first panel. The main sentiment didn’t make sense just sitting by itself. The other green shades of cardstock came from the stash. I ran the last one through an embossing folder and then touched the embossed parts with a darker green ink. The striped paper was backed by the same cardstock as the top panel. So, it is scrappy but a planned scrappy.

One of my crazy friends sent me this New Years Greeting and I just had to pass it on. Too funny!

After serious & cautious consideration...
MY contract of Friendship with YOU 
has been renewed for the coming New Year
TWO THOUSAND and FIFTEEN

It wasn't a very hard decision to make...
So try your bestest NOT to screw it up Eh !!!

MY Wish for You

May Peace break into your home and:
May thieves come to steal all your Debts.... 

May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet for $100 bills.  

May Love stick to your face like gently falling rain and may
Laughter assault your lips every Single Day !!! 

May Happiness slap you across the face and may your tears
be that of Joy !!! 

May the problems you had, forget your home address...

In simpler words ............

May 2015 be the Best Year
of
Your Life !!
                              Happy New Year

Cheers
Violet


1 comment:

  1. That is one crazy friend!!! But i LOVE it!! :) I'm sorry your a little under the weather... We all seem to have th sniffles and sneezes... I think its because we turned on the heater for the first time this past week and i've been digging thru old dusty photos and such....

    Tomorrow we are braving the cold and going panning for gold!!! I'll let you know if i strike it rich or maybe i'll just turn into an ice cube... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...