Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Frozen North



Canada is quite often referred to as the “frozen north” and today it is living up to that reputation. Brrrrrr. We are still experiencing frigid arctic weather and another snow storm is supposed to hit us tonight. We made ourselves go and get groceries today so we are well stocked.

Yesterday was also Groundhog Day and this funny comic strip appeared on a quilting site on the Internet. I’ve never been very interested in Groundhog Day but some people and towns seem to really get into it. To each their own!



I mentioned in previous posts that I’ve been trying to break out of the rut and make some cards using different techniques or designs. I’ve also decided to stop hoarding things! I buy something and then “save it for something special!” Not anymore. Every day is special, every card and scrapbook page is special and if I buy it now, I use it. As I was wandering around Michaels awhile back I found these feathers on sale and decided to make two birthday cards with them. I seldom make two cards the same but these are close to being the same so I used two different washi tapes on them.



 
The background on both cards were created but rubbing various distress inks over water colour paper and then sprinkling water on it which creates those lovely little blooms. Then I used a stencil to add a little more interest. The feather is just glued down the centre so the feather parts can be adjusted. Once again I didn’t notice how spread out the feather was until I downloaded the photo. It can easily be adjusted. To make sure the feather stayed in place, I added a piece of washi tape. The sentiment was just stamped on.

And that is all from the frozen north on a Tuesday,
Cheers
Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...