Monday, October 5, 2015

A New Die


Ahhh. The lovely warm weather has returned. It’s likely short lived but we are enjoying it while its here. We had a quiet morning and I had lunch out with some friends but this afternoon we tackled some of the fall clean-up. Joe cut the grass and put away some of his solar lighthouses – yes, some! The man loves lighthouses! I cut back a lot of the perennials and did the watering. The fall clean-up is not nearly as much fun as spring planting.

Today’s cards are two I made with one of my new dies. I have loving this Spellbinder’s die!
 


 
The two cards are identical except one is a Happy Birthday card and the other is a Thinking of You card. The background paper is from a very old 6” paper pack. Once the patterned paper was cut in half all I needed was a 1” strip of the blue which meant there was then enough left over to die cut the circles. The brown swirl is the die and it was cut from a piece of brown cardstock and glued over the patterned paper and then the blue circles and the top shape were glued in place. I always like something covering a seam of two pieces of paper but all I had in my peel-offs were silver and gold lines. So, I chose a gold one and sponged on red alcohol ink to change the colour and it worked just fine. The three bronze dots are adhesive stickers.

That’s all for a lovely warm Monday, October-05-15

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...