Monday, October 23, 2017

A New Die!


We just had the nicest weather over the weekend – it was actually hot in the afternoon…T-shirt hot! We just had to have another walk through the trails at Rondeau Park which we seldom get to do near the end of October – it’s usually cold and wet by then. Enjoyed it so much.



Today I spent the entire day at the church making quilts for kids with cancer. Sunday night Joe asks me, “What time does your party start tomorrow?” “Excuse me! This is not a party. We refer to it as the sweat shop of the quilt guild” I told him. He replied, “Well you sure seem to have a lot of fun there for a non-party!” True! We had 18 members show up today so lots of sewing machines running while others were cutting and sorting and ironing. Good day!



Today’s card is the first one I made for my grandson’s 13th birthday that is coming up in a few days….but I rejected it after making another one. This one features a new die I treated myself too.

  






The new die is that back circle with the words wrapped around it. Love it! I saw a card make with one at our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, and I bought it on the spot.  The background paper is from the stash; taped together at the back; and then a silver peel-off that was tinted green with an alcohol maker was placed over the seam. I cut a large circle and then used some scissors with a rough deckle edge cut to go around it because I didn’t like it left plain. It was then run through a musical embossing folder; a circle was cut out of it the same size as the black die cut piece. Instead of having the two background pieces show in the back, I glued a solid piece of the top green only behind it; then a plain green circle and then the birthday cake was added with a dimensional glue dot. The cake was a sticker and it was quite blah so I went over the middle parts with a VersaMark pen and then added metal Perfect Pearls to make it more masculine. I die cut the black music notes and added them. Jack plays the guitar…and does so quite well…so I wanted a musical card for him. He won’t see this one but another boy will like it.



That’s all for a rainy Monday, October 23, 2017.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your warm weather Violet... we have been enjoying cooler weather here... tomorrow just might be downright cold!

    Sounds like you had fun at your quilting get together.... i haven't had much time to stick my big toe in the craftroom lately much less anything else.. :(

    LOVE that new die of yours and i cannot wait to see what card you ended up giving to your grandson... :) Trip to the VA tomorrow for hubby an appointment ...maybe lunch out... then i would LOVE to spend the entire day in the craftroom... :) Hugs~ deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...