Monday, June 25, 2018

A Postcard Greeting Card


It’s Monday and the weather is beautiful – why not, the rainy weekend is over! Grrrrr. We had plans to have a BBQ with my daughter and family but it was pouring rain where she lives and where we were planning on meeting (half way between us) and then it started to rain here too. Grrrrrr again. It has been rebooked but still very disappointed.

        A blogger friend had a birthday over the weekend and she likes to make and receive postcards rather than greeting cards so I made her one as a surprise. Here it is.




        I usually use cereal boxes that I cut down and gesso as the starting base but this time I had a pack of mixed media paper that was just a bit bigger than a normal sized postcard so I decided to cut one to size to save some time and use one of them. I actually liked the process so much better this may become my normal!

The sky and water was done using water colour paint. Clouds are easy to create on water colour pictures – just wad up a tissue and dab the wet paint. I got this tip from The Frugal Crafter! The waves were created by using a Stampin’ Up stamp from their “High Tide” set and the birds and the sand were also from that set.

        The trees are from an Inkadinkado tree set, which I love, and I first inked up some trees in grey; stamped the background trees on scratch paper and then onto the card as the second generation stamping so they would appear farther back. Then the tree at the front was stamped several times with various colours of green with the ink spread around with a wet brush and then a final stamping in black for the details. The grass and brushes at the background are from an old set that I bought at the thrift store so I have no idea who made them.

        The deer were die cut and glued on and then I added some shadows under them to ground them. Once everything was dry I painted on a light coat of ModPodge to seal everything and to give it more stability as it was going to Arkansas.  My friend loved it so I’m relieved.

        That’s all for a lovely Monday, June 25, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...