Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Hey Chick


Today could be the last of the nice weather without needing the A/C on. We just had a couple of thunderstorms pass by that left a good soaking for the garden. I’m sure the farmers would prefer an all day rain but we haven’t had one of those for quite awhile now…..and I’m just grateful for any rain at all. It is going to get hot and humid starting tomorrow with temperatures in the 90F but it will feel like its well over 100F. Definitely A/C time.

Today’s card is another one made with the Stampin’ Up “Hey Chick” stamp set. I liked this set but wasn’t sure exactly what to do with it but I finally decided to do some experimenting and see what turned out. I rather like this one.




The chicken was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. The stitched circles are from a Stampin’ Up set and I left the hen in while I sponged yellow around her so a white border would show. The scalloped circle is a Spellbinder’s die. The banner was hand-cut. All the paper is from the stash. The sentiment is one I made up and it was computer generated. It was all assembled on the background paper and the glued to the card base. I’m now starting to like this set!

That’s all for a lovely day on Wednesday, June 27, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...