Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Winter Scene Card


        Wow, this month is going by so fast! I can’t believe it’s already the 12th of December! I have more quilts to finish and my sewing machine was in for repairs until late yesterday. I didn’t even have time to set it up when I got home because my friend called and said she just remembered that last night was the night we were going to volunteer at “Goodfellows – no child without Christmas” toy packing night. Groan! I had walked around the nursing home doing my pastoral care visits and then ran some errands and I was ready to sit and sew….or read….or what ever… but sitting was to be involved. Nope, not going to happen. After a quick supper I picked up my friend and we went to volunteer. We were put in charge of the stuffed toys – so much fun! We got to toss teddy bears and watch people pick out their favourites. It was so much fun that if we don’t get the expected snow/freezing rain/rain storm until later tonight, I’m going back to toss some more teddy bears!

        Today’s card is another Christmas card with a winter scene.

 

         The sky background is Distress Ink Broken China with a wee bit of Dusty Concord mixed in. Then I heavily splattered it with water; let is sit for a few seconds; and then blotted it off. This leaves those lovely white blotches that look like snow. The trees in the back were stamped with grey ink. Then I sponged some grey ink around the bottom and here and there in the snow part to create some drifts. Then I stamped the big evergreen tree using Stampin’ Up Handsome Hunter – stamped several times to get a dark impression. This is easy to do using the stamp positioner. The deer was die cut twice out of black cardstock; glued together and then on to the card. Then more grey ink was stamped under the big tree and the deer so they didn’t look like they were floating. Then I die cut the hanging sentiment (IO Impression) and glued it on at the top. I like how the red really stands out against the sky.

        That’s all for a mild Wednesday but with a nasty storm coming on December 12, 2018.

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 




       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...