Saturday, March 8, 2014

A Country Charm Christmas Card

Ugh. We woke up to more snow this morning but luckily it was just a light snow flurry so no shovelling involved – yet! The 24 hour bug that stayed a little longer than 24 hours that I had seems to have cleared up so that’s good. I’m just hoping I didn’t pass it on to Joe.

I did brave it long enough down in the very cold lower studio the other day to whip up a few cards. One was for the www.alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca challenge to make a Christmas card. This week’s challenge was to make a country charm themed card with some stitching. Well, this is what I came up with.


The brown background paper and stamp are from Stampin’ Up. The rest is from my over-flowing-not-going-down-very-fast stash! I borrowed this stamp from my friend last year and stamped it several times. I coloured this one with Tombow markers, blended with water. I scribble the markers on a piece of plastic and then use a wet paint brush to paint with it. I did the stitching on the brown paper before gluing it to the card base and the stitching on the stamped panel was done before gluing it to the card base. The rectangles were die cut with the Spellbinder’s Create-A-Card set which I use all the time now. The long skinny rectangle was just a piece of left over red that was run through the Big Shot with the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and then white ink was brushed over the top of the snowflakes. It needed buttons so I tied a few buttons with embroidery floss and added them. I don’t know if this qualifies for the challenge but it is one more Christmas card done!

Happy Saturday everyone! If your area does the Daylight Savings time bit, don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour tonight….which means we lose an hour’s sleep!

Cheers

Violet

 

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! I love the Spellbinder's Create-A-Card set too!. The bird stamp is lovely. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday Violet. Love the stitching and buttons and your colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Violet, your bird is lovely. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Violet! I love all the stitching - thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice coloring on this pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brightly colored birdie image is so pretty and it really stands out against the chocolate colored background :) lovely! So glad you're playing along this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite Christmas images, Violet! Colored beautifully and stitched up just right! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...