Friday, December 14, 2018

Embossing on Velum


            It’s been very mild here in Ontario and no snow in this area  at all….East and North of us got some but not us. It was about 50F here today so it was a pleasant walk this morning.

        Today’s card was made with a new embossing folder that I bought and wasn’t sure what to do with. At first I thought, “I don’t think I like this one” but by the time the card was finished it was, “Yes, I love this and will do it again”. I’m fickle I guess.






        The first thing I did was to run the embossing folder with a piece of cardstock inside and I painted the trees green and the houses light brown and sat back and said, “That’s blah! I don’t like this embossing folder!” So I decided to see what would happen if a piece of velum was embossed…..oooh, like it! I flipped the embossed velum piece over and used a stylus to rub inside where the snow would be on the trees and this accented that area. Then I laid it on top of the embossed cardstock and ‘voila’ loved it. I lightly marked where the ‘JOY” die cut would go and placed a few dots of glue there so I could glue the velum to the cardstock without the glue showing. Then the snowflake brad was added for extra security. The ‘JOY’ was die cut from a sparkling red piece of cardstock from an old Christmas card and a strip of it was added near the bottom. The gem strip was also from an old Christmas card. Then it was glued to a red card base. I loved how this card turned out. It’s even prettier in person….as usual.

        Yesterday I took the time to make 10 Christmas cards to go to the Canadian soldiers who are stationed away from their families. I decided to be creative with a huge stack of old Christmas cards I had and each one had an image die cut with a tag or banner; a die cut sentiment and then glued to one of those scrappy card bases I made using strips of paper. They looked amazing….too bad I can’t show them to you because I totally forgot to photograph them. If you want to make some, they should be in the mail by the 18th I think. Here’s the address:

Any Cdn. Forces Member

P.O. Box 5140 Stn. Force

Belleville, ON  K8N 5W6

        This is, of course, for Canadian military. I think they used to do this in the USA as well but I read that someone complained about it so it was discontinued….not sure though so if you are in the USA you will have to do some research.

        That’s all for a mild Friday, December-14-18. I’ll be back on Monday with another card. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 




       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...